What is Administrative Wage Garnishment (AWG)?
AWG is the process when Social Security orders an employer to withhold 15 percent of disposable pay each payday from an employee who owes a debt to Social Security, and the employer pays those amounts to us.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-4295
- Date Created: 06/12/2017
- Last Modified Since: 06/12/2017
- Viewed: 1642