What authority does Social Security have using Administrative Wage Garnishment (AWG)?
The Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-134), section 31001(o)(1), authorizes us to administer AWG on debtors who owe money to Social Security.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-4284
- Date Created: 06/09/2017
- Last Modified Since: 06/09/2017
- Viewed: 749