Will Social Security notify me if it plans to garnish my wages through Administrative Wage Garnishment (AWG)?
Yes, we will notify you about our plans to use AWG in a 60-day pre-garnishment notice, which may also inform you about the Treasury Offset Program and reporting your debt to credit bureaus, if applicable. The notice will also include your due process rights on AWG.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-4282
- Date Created: 06/09/2017
- Last Modified Since: 06/09/2017
- Viewed: 1141