What happens if my employer fails to comply with the garnishment order?
We may bring a civil action against your employer for any amount that the employer fails to withhold from your disposable pay. Your employer may also be liable for attorney fees, costs of the lawsuit and (in the court's discretion) punitive damages.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-4274
- Date Created: 06/05/2017
- Last Modified Since: 06/08/2017
- Viewed: 663