How do I terminate my Medicare Part B (medical insurance)?

You can voluntarily terminate your Medicare Part B (medical insurance). However, since this is a serious decision, you may need to have a personal interview. A Social Security representative will help you complete Form CMS 1763. To find out more about how to terminate Medicare Part B or to schedule a personal interview, contact us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) between Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.  You can also contact your nearest Social Security office.
Other FAQs You May Find Helpful
How can I get help with my Medicare Part A and Part B premiums?
What are Medicare late enrollment penalties?

Rating:Rating of 4.5 Stars546 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-4074
  • Date Created: 10/15/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 02/01/2018
  • Viewed: 172204