I am amending my tax return for previous years when I filed my tax return as single but I was in a same-sex marriage, can I have my IRMAA changed for those years too?


If you amend your tax return and it changes the income we counted to determine the income-related monthly adjustment amounts, let us know. We need to see a copy of the amended tax return you filed and your acknowledgment receipt from IRS. We will update our records with the information you provide, and correct or remove your income-related monthly adjustment amounts, as appropriate

Rating:Rating of 4.5 Stars35 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-4024
  • Date Created: 07/22/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 08/21/2017
  • Viewed: 12097