How do I return to an online application for disability benefits that I already started but did not finish?
You should have received a “Re-entry Number” when you started the application before. You will need the “Re-entry Number” to get back into your application.
Follow these steps to return to your application:
- Go back to the online application by using this link:
- On the first page of the application, click on “Return to Saved Application Process.”
- Enter your “Re-entry Number” and Social Security number. You will be able to continue completing your application.
If you are filing for yourself and have lost or forgotten your re-entry number, you can get it by:
- Logging into or creating a my Social Security account.
- Clicking on the “Get Re-entry Number” link found in the “Your Benefit Applications” tab to retrieve your re-entry number.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3965
- Date Created: 07/08/2014
- Last Modified Since: 07/19/2017
- Viewed: 89298