I am in a same-sex marriage. Could that affect my Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment?

Your spouse’s income and resources may affect your SSI eligibility or payment amount.  

If you have questions about how a same-sex marriage may affect your claim, please call 
1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office.

Rating:Rating of 4 Stars99 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-3870
  • Date Created: 04/14/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 08/24/2017
  • Viewed: 33554