I am in a same-sex marriage. Could that affect my Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment?
Your spouse’s income and resources may affect your SSI eligibility or payment amount.
If you have questions about how a same-sex marriage may affect your claim, please call
1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3870
- Date Created: 04/14/2014
- Last Modified Since: 08/24/2017
- Viewed: 33554