If I am arrested while on parole or probation, will my benefits stop?
If you get Social Security retirement, survivors or disability benefits, we will not stop your benefits until a court or parole board cancels your parole or probation, and confines you in a correctional institution for more than 30 consecutive days.
If you get Supplemental Security Income, we will stop your benefits beginning with the first month you are in a correctional institution.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3851
- Date Created: 04/10/2014
- Last Modified Since: 08/21/2017
- Viewed: 24837