How can a representative help me with my Social Security claim?

You may appoint a qualified person to represent you when doing business with Social Security. Use Form SSA-1696-U4, Appointment of Representative to tell us in writing about the person you appoint. Sign and date the document and send it to your local Social Security office.

 A representative generally cannot charge or collect a fee for these services without written approval from us.

See Your Right To Representation for more information.

Rating:Rating of 4.5 Stars257 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-3845
  • Date Created: 04/09/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 08/21/2017
  • Viewed: 76619