Can I use direct deposit if I live outside the United States?
If you live outside the United States you can choose to receive your Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RSDI) benefits electronically. To receive benefits electronically, you must live in a country where we can send benefits. Special rules apply if you are in a country where we cannot send payments. If you live outside the United States, in a country where we can send payments, you can use direct deposit to a:
- U.S. financial institution; or
- Financial institution in any country that has an international direct deposit agreement.
To find out which countries qualify, go to Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3842
- Date Created: 04/09/2014
- Last Modified Since: 09/06/2017
- Viewed: 60655