Can I use direct deposit if I live outside the United States?
If you live outside the United States, in a country where we can send payments, you can choose to have your benefits sent electronically to a bank or financial institution in the United States or any country that has an international direct deposit agreement with the United States. Special rules apply if you are in a country where we cannot send payments.
To find out which countries qualify, go to Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services, my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3842
- Date Created: 04/09/2014
- Last Modified Since: 05/02/2014
- Viewed: 21891