Can I get credits under Social Security for my military service?
Generally, you can get credit for military service earnings during active duty after 1956. Under certain circumstances, we can add extra credits to your record for military service from 1957 through 2001. These special extra earnings credits may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3834
- Date Created: 04/08/2014
- Last Modified Since: 12/01/2017
- Viewed: 24859