Can I get credits under Social Security for my military service?

Generally, you can get credit for military service earnings during active duty after 1956. Under certain circumstances, we can add extra credits to your record for military service from 1957 through 2001. These special extra earnings credits may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit.

More Information

Retirement Planner: Military Service

Military Service And Social Security

Rating:Rating of 4.5 Stars162 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-3834
  • Date Created: 04/08/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 12/01/2017
  • Viewed: 24859