How can I sign up for or change direct deposit for my Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments?
If you already get benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for or change your direct deposit by:
- Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
- Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or
- Calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
If you currently do not get Social Security or SSI benefits, but plan to apply, sign up for direct deposit when you apply for benefits. Have your checkbook or a copy of your bank statement with you when you apply for benefits.
- --- ENGLISH topics below ---
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services, my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3825
- Date Created: 04/07/2014
- Last Modified Since: 03/22/2016
- Viewed: 610202