Can I apply work overseas to my U.S. Social Security record?
If you do not have enough credits from your work in the United States to qualify for retirement benefits, we may be able to count your work credits from another country. We have social security agreements with 24 countries. If you earned credits in one of those countries, they can help you qualify for U.S. benefits.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3820
- Date Created: 04/04/2014
- Last Modified Since: 08/21/2017
- Viewed: 21800