Can I get Social Security credits for my agricultural wages?
You can get credits for farm work under Social Security if your:
- Employer pays you cash wages of at least $150 in a year; or
- Employer spends at least $2,500 a year for farm labor.
In 2018, a worker gets one credit for each $1,320 earned. You can earn up to a maximum of four credits per year. The earnings needed to get a credit increase automatically each year as average wages increase.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3819
- Date Created: 04/04/2014
- Last Modified Since: 12/05/2017
- Viewed: 3351