Can I get a different Social Security number if I am a victim of identity theft?

If you have done all you can to fix the problems resulting from misuse of your Social Security number and someone still is using it, we may assign you a new number.

See Identity Theft And Your Social Security Number for more information.

Rating:Rating of 5 Stars6723 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-3790
  • Date Created: 04/02/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 08/11/2017
  • Viewed: 544106