Can I get a Social Security number if I was granted Deferred Action status and employment authorization?
If the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services grant you Deferred Action status and employment authorization, you may be eligible for a Social Security number.
See Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals for more information.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3784
- Date Created: 04/02/2014
- Last Modified Since: 10/17/2017
- Viewed: 16058