Can Social Security payments go to the estates of deceased beneficiaries?
A deceased beneficiary may have been due a Social Security payment at the time of death. We may pay amounts due a deceased beneficiary to a family member or legal representative of the estate.
See Claim For Amounts Due In The Case Of Deceased Beneficiary - Form SSA-1724 for more information.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3769
- Date Created: 03/28/2014
- Last Modified Since: 01/05/2018
- Viewed: 83292