Can children with disabilities get Social Security benefits?
A child with a disability age 18 or older may get Social Security benefits when a parent gets retirement or disability benefits. The child may also get benefits if a parent dies. The child’s disability must have begun before age 22.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3764
- Date Created: 03/28/2014
- Last Modified Since: 11/09/2017
- Viewed: 116267