When do I get my child a Social Security number?
It is a good idea to apply at the hospital when you apply for your baby’s birth certificate. The state agency that issues birth certificates will share your child’s information with us. We will mail the Social Security card to you.
See Social Security Numbers For Children for more information.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3760
- Date Created: 03/28/2014
- Last Modified Since: 12/22/2017
- Viewed: 268342