Can I get spouse’s Social Security benefits on my former spouse’s record?
If you are divorced and your marriage lasted at least 10 years, you may be able to get benefits on your former spouse’s record.
See Retirement Planner: If You Are Divorced for more information.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3758
- Date Created: 03/28/2014
- Last Modified Since: 09/06/2017
- Viewed: 191884