What is the average monthly benefit for a retired worker?
The average monthly Social Security retirement benefit for January 2017 is $1,360. The amount changes monthly.
When you’re ready to apply for retirement benefits, use our online retirement application, the quickest, easiest, and most convenient way to apply.
Social Security Basic Facts
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3736
- Date Created: 03/17/2014
- Last Modified Since: 09/14/2017
- Viewed: 530096