What is full retirement age?
The current full retirement age is 66 and 2 months for individuals who attain age 62 in 2017. The age when retired people can receive full benefits is increasing gradually to age 67. (The age for Medicare eligibility remains at 65.)
See Benefits By Year Of Birth for more information.
When you’re ready to apply for retirement benefits, use our online retirement application, the quickest, easiest, and most convenient way to apply.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3733
- Date Created: 03/17/2014
- Last Modified Since: 09/14/2017
- Viewed: 308868