If I get Social Security disability benefits and I reach full retirement age, will I then receive retirement benefits?
Social Security disability benefits automatically change to retirement benefits when disability beneficiaries become full retirement age. The law does not allow a person to receive both retirement and disability benefits on one earnings record at the same time.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3729
- Date Created: 03/14/2014
- Last Modified Since: 08/02/2017
- Viewed: 324852