How do I get a replacement Medicare card?
Your Medicare card is proof of your Medicare insurance. If your Medicare card was lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can ask for a replacement by using your online my Social Security account.
If don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account.
Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then select “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”
Your Medicare card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.
If you can’t or prefer not to use the online service:
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
- Contact your local Social Security office.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services, my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3708
- Date Created: 03/07/2014
- Last Modified Since: 05/30/2015
- Viewed: 290096