Where can I get a copy of Social Security's Death Master File?

You can purchase a copy of the Social Security Death Master File through the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), part of the Department of Commerce. Social Security does not sell the document directly. 

The NTIS subscription offers:

For more information, refer to our:

Note: Other websites offer our Death Master File. We do not endorse these websites. We cannot confirm these websites are either accurate or current.

Rating:Rating of 2 Stars244 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo


Topic Information
  • Topic #: 34011-1872
  • Date Created: 12/5/2013
  • Last Modified Since: 3/12/2014
  • Viewed: 21973