How do I appeal a decision on my application for disability benefits?
When we make a decision on your application, we will send you a letter explaining our decision. If you do not agree with our decision, you can appeal. That is, you can ask us to look at your case again. You must appeal within 60 days from the date you got our decision letter. You can:
- File a disability appeal online and provide documents to support your request electronically. You can file an appeal online even if you live outside of the United States; or
- Visit your local Social Security office.
For more information, call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services, my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3728
- Date Created: 03:14:2014
- Last Modified Since: 07:27:2015
- Viewed: 44243