How do I check the status of a pending application for benefits?
If you applied for benefits, you can check the Status of Your Application online.
Your application status shows:
- The date we received your application;
- Any requests for additional documents;
- The address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.
You cannot check the status of an application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits online.
If you are unable to check your status online, you can
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
- Contact your local Social Security office.
- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services, my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Topic #: 34011-3707
- Date Created: 03/07/2014
- Last Modified Since: 06/16/2015
- Viewed: 1118536