Skip to content
alert Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates

Frequently Asked Questions

Comments and Questions

Last Modified:
Yes, regardless of the sex of you or your partner, we can place both parents’ names on your child’s Social Security number record. You will need to provide proof that you are the legal parents of the child. The following documents will provide proof that you and your partner are the child’s legal parents:
  • Original or amended birth certificate; 
  • The final adoption decree; or
  • Court determination of paternity (also referred to as a court order of parentage).
Also, see Important Information for Same-Sex Couples.
Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?