- Driver's license;
- Employee ID card;
- Military record;
- School ID card, record or report card;
- Marriage or divorce record;
- Adoption record;
- Health insurance card (except a Medicare card);
- Certified copy of medical record;
- Life insurance policy;
- Court order for name change; or
- Church membership that establishes your identity.
ImportantYou must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies. All documents must be current (not expired). We cannot accept a receipt showing you applied for the document.
When we correct your record, we will offer you a letter that you can give to banks, doctors or others to show that your death report was in error. This letter is called the "Erroneous Death Case - Third Party Contact" Notice.