Skip to content
What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Modified:
You may not need to wait for an appointment. You can file for retirement, spouses, disability, or Medicare benefits and appeal a disability decision online. You can also perform many tasks through your personal my Social Security account, including requesting a replacement Social Security card, checking the status of an application, estimating future benefits, and managing the benefits you already receive.

If you do need an appointment you can schedule, reschedule, or cancel an appointment by calling us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday or contacting your local Social Security office.

Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?