Skip to content
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
FEMA and State Resources for Hurricane Ian
We will launch a new website. You can preview it now and share your feedback.

Frequently Asked Questions

Comments and Questions

Last Modified:

You must pay taxes on up to 85% of your Social Security benefits if you file a:

  • Federal tax return as an “individual” and your “combined income” exceeds $25,000.
  • Joint return, and you and your spouse have “combined income” of more than $32,000.

If you are married and file a separate return, you probably will have to pay taxes on your benefits.

For more information go to the Income Taxes and Your Social Security Benefits page.

NOTE: “Combined income” includes your adjusted gross income, tax-exempt interest income and half of your Social Security benefits.

Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?