If you applied for Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income payments, or have a pending reconsideration or hearing request, you can log in to or create a personal my Social Security account to check the Status of Your Application online.
Your personal my Social Security account shows
- Date of filing.
- Current claim location.
- Servicing office location.
- Scheduled hearing date and time.
- Re-entry numbers for incomplete applications.
- Publications that may be of interest to you, depending on your claim and current step in the process.
You cannot check the status of your application online if you do not have a my Social Security account.
If you are unable to check your status online, you can
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Contact your local Social Security office.