Skip to content
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
FEMA and State Resources for Hurricane Ian
We will launch a new website. You can preview it now and share your feedback.

Frequently Asked Questions

Comments and Questions

Last Modified:

Check to see if your information matches the name and Social Security number on the employee’s Social Security card.

  • If it does not match, ask your employee to provide you with the exact information as it is shown on the employee’s Social Security card.
  • If the information matches the employee’s card, ask your employee to check with any local Social Security office to resolve the issue.

If your employee legally changed their name due to marriage, divorce, court order, or any other reason, they must tell Social Security so they can get a corrected card. They cannot apply for a card online. See Learn What Documents You Need to find out what required documents they will have to show.

They should fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card and mail the application and documents to their local Social Security office.

Once resolved, the employee should inform you of any changes. Go to our online office locator or call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) to find the nearest office.

Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?