Skip to content
What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Modified:

You can voluntarily terminate your Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance). However, you may need to have a personal interview with us to review the risks of dropping coverage and for assistance with your request. To find out more about how to terminate Medicare Part B or to schedule a personal interview, contact us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) or visit your nearest Social Security office.

If you send us a request to terminate your Part B and then change your mind, you must send a request to cancel the request of termination before the date that Part B ends.

For additional information, go to the How to drop Part A & Part B page.

Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?