Skip to content
What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Modified:

If you know someone receiving Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits who needs assistance managing their payments, you should contact your local Social Security office about becoming their representative payee.


See When People Need Help Managing Their Money for more information.

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?