Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Modified:

Notify Social Security as soon as possible when someone getting benefits dies. In most cases, the funeral director will report the person’s death to Social Security. Give the funeral director the deceased’s Social Security number so he or she can report the death. 

See How Social Security Can Help You When A Family Member Dies for more information.

Comments (0)

Give us Feedback.

Did this answer your question?