Most Asked Questions
- How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security number card?
- How can I get a Social Security Statement that shows a record of my earnings and an estimate of my future benefits?
- How do I apply for a new or replacement Social Security number card?
- How can I change my address?
- How do I schedule, reschedule, or cancel an appointment?
- How long will it take to get a Social Security card?
- How do I get a replacement Medicare card?
- What is the eligibility for Social Security spouse’s benefits and my own retirement benefits?
- What is a “my Social Security” online account and how do I get one?
- How can I get a form SSA-1099/1042S, Social Security Benefit Statement?
Social Security Number and Card
How to apply for or replace your card and how to protect your Social Security number.
Find out about all the services available online: Social Security card replacement, apply for benefits, appeals, and more.
Your Social Security Payments
Find out about your payments, what affects them, and how you can receive them.
Taxes, Credits, Funding
Learn about taxes, earning credits, and the Social Security Trust Fund.
Find out about your retirement benefits: when you can apply, how to apply, and what can affect your benefits.
Learn eligibility requirements and apply for Social Security disability benefits.
What is Medicare, when to apply, how much does it cost, and how to get help with the costs.
Learn how to protect yourself from fraud and what to do if you think you’re a victim.
my Social Security
Learn what a "my Social Security" online account is and what it can do for you.
Spouses, Children, Survivors
Who can get benefits and how to apply.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Learn how SSI helps aged and disabled people with limited income and resources.
Helpful information for: Representative Payees, Prisoners, Non-Citizens, and others.